Join Our Team - Full-Time Gallery Associate in Vancouver
Bau-Xi Vancouver seeks a full-time candidate for Gallery Associate position. This position offers 40 hours per week, Wednesday through Sunday.
Qualified candidates should be highly personable, proactive, motivated, and have strong communication skills. Candidates with fine art or luxury sales experience are given preference.
Working side-by-side with the gallery director and other gallery staff, the candidate will be responsible in assisting clients and artists. The primary focus of the position is to sell contemporary fine art in a fast paced, gallery environment. The Gallery Associate will be responsible for a wide variety of gallery functions including sales, marketing to new clients, graphic design, press communications, inventory, gallery maintenance, digital photography and editing, exhibition installation and client liaison.
- 2-5 years’ experience in fine art sales, luxury sales or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in Art History, Business, or Fine Arts preferred but not required
- A proven record of developing and maintaining positive client relationships
- Ability to work within a team and independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to exercise considerable independent judgement, action, tact and initiative
- Effective time management skills and the ability to multi-task the various responsibilities inherent in this position.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Digital photography and editing skills is an asset
- High IT competence considered an asset
- Valid BC driver’s license is required
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your resume and coverletter to email@example.com, with Gallery Associate in the subject line. We strongly encourage applicants to apply as soon as possible, as we will review resumes and schedule interviews as they arrive. This position will remain open until filled.